Saturday, March 27, 2010

 

New 10k road race PB: 38:52

I looked in my training diary and did the math, Ive only ran 399km in 2008 and 440km in 2009. I know of some runners that do that in a fortnight!

Today there was a 10km road race on the Gold Coast Australia. I did 115km on the bike yesterday and 70km of that was a race in B grade which I ended up coming 4th out of 32 riders. So perhaps not the best preparation for a running race. I dont know.

I picked some fast runners and did my best to hang on to em and after 6km, I just had to keep em in sight as I didnt know where to go as the race had a lot of corners that were not marked. So my motivation was primarily to not get lost and it worked great as I set a new PB in the 10k.

Its given me some fire to commit more to consistent running and get some ultra marathon wins under my belt, now that Ive won a few 24hr solo mountain bike races, its time to start focusing on something else.

Ultra marathons are great cos you dont lose time on the tech sections and dont have to worry about spares or having a race losing mechanical.

Im training up for the Gold Coast marathon in July, a few months away. My fastest marathon time is 3:06 and I will smash that year for sure.

Comments:
Nice work DR. I'll have to work hard to beat that 10k time. But watch out! I'm comin'! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?